logo logo
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors


When can I renew my car license plates?
Auto license plates can be renewed the month before, the month of, or the month following expiration. Visit the Iowa DOT website to learn more.

Where can I get my driver’s license?
The driver’s license station is located at 114 E 6th Street in Carroll, County Treasurer’s office,  https://carrollcountyiowa.org/pview.aspx?id=20971.  Visit the Iowa Drivers License page for more information.

How many days do I have to renew my driver’s license?
You can renew your driver’s license within 60 days of expiration without taking a knowledge test.

What do I need to get a marriage license?
Get an Application to Marry in Iowa from the Recorder’s office located at 114 E 6th Street in Carroll. The application will need to be completed by the groom, bride and a disinterested person (any adult who knows both the bride and groom). The application must be signed in front of a notary public. Recorder’s office personnel are notaries, so bring a photo ID. The fee is payable to the Carroll County Recorder.

Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
If you were born in Carroll County before 1921 or after 1941, the Carroll County Recorder can provide a copy of your birth certificate. The Iowa Department of Public Health has birth records for everyone born in Iowa.

What do I need to register my boat?
You may register your boat in the Recorder’s office located at 114 E 6th Street in Carroll. For a new boat, you will need the manufacturer’s certificate of origin and the bill of sale. For a used boat, you will need the current registration (and title, if applicable) signed over to you by the previous owner. A bill of sale is required for any boat purchased from a dealer.

Where do I get a hunting & fishing license?
Hunting & fishing licenses are available at the following Carroll County locations: Carroll County Recorder (114 E 6th Street, Carroll, IA), Swan Lake State Park Office (22676 Swan Lake Trail, Carroll, IA).

When are deer and turkey hunting licenses available?
Availability of deer and turkey hunting licenses is determined by the Department of Natural Resources and can vary from year to year. Licenses can be purchased from any retail outlet in Iowa that sells hunting & fishing licenses electronically.