logo logo
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I pay my utility bill?
The City of Carroll accepts many forms of payment including cash, check, credit/debit cards (with a processing fee) and Easy Pay.  Easy Pay is a method where your utility bill is automatically deducted from your bank account on the 15th of each month.  You will receive a notice of the amount that will be deducted by the 1st of the month.  To learn more and sign-up click here.  You can also go online and pay with a debit/credit card (with a processing fee).  To use our online bill pay, click here.

You can make payment at City Hall on Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM or place in the drop box located in the parking lot west of City Hall.  You can also mail a payment to:

City of Carroll
627 N Adams St.
Carroll, IA 51401

Who do I call to set up utilities in Carroll?
The City of Carroll offers water, sewer, storm water, and garbage services. Call City Hall (712) 792-1000 Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM to get an account set-up.

Where can I get a recycling bin?
The City of Carroll currently does not require recycling, but strongly encourages it. To learn more about what can be recycled click here.  A recycling bin can be obtained from the Recycling Center/Carroll County Solid Waste Management at 19111 Kittyhawk Ave, Carroll. Additional questions can be answered by calling (712) 792-5001.

Who do I call if I notice a street light out?
If you notice a street light out, please call City Hall at (712) 792-1000 and let us know the location of the street light or email the information to us by clicking here. Please include your contact information so we can reach you if we have any questions.

I locked my keys in my car.  Who can help me?
You will need to call a locksmith.

I am going to do some digging on my property.  Who do I call to find out where the water lines, gas lines, etc. are located?
Iowa law requires that any person, homeowner, professional, public or private entity, planning to engage in any form of excavation within the state of Iowa, must notify the Iowa One Call notification system, at 1-800-292-8989, at least 48 hours prior to excavating.

The Iowa One Call notification system is a free call and a free service to all persons planning an excavation within the state of Iowa. The required 48 hours advance notice does not include Saturdays and Sundays or legal holidays.

Iowa One Call is a non-profit organization funded by the owners and operators of underground facilities who are required by law to belong to the system.

Iowa One Call is committed to maintaining and operating a notification system efficient in relaying information and safeguarding underground facilities essential to all Iowans.

What day will my garbage be picked up?
The City of Carroll currently contracts with two garbage haulers:

Carroll Refuse (712) 792-0101   www.carrollrefuse.com

Ray’s Refuse  (712) 792-4071

Your utility bill will list which one hauls your garbage.  You can also call City Hall at (712) 792-1000 to find out who hauls your garbage.  Both haulers do their own scheduling; please give your hauler a call to find out your garbage day.

What activities are going on in Carroll?
To find out what other activities are taking place, check out the Carroll Chamber of Commerce Community Calendar.

I smell a gas leak. Who do I call?
You should call the Alliant Energy Emergency Service: 1-800-255-4268

I am planning to move to Carroll and would like to know what homes are listed as for sale.  How do I find that information?
The Carroll Multiple Listing Service (MLS) website allows you to search properties as well as find a Realtor®.