! All residents, contractors and others are encouraged to do business with the City via phone, email or this website. Find contact information now.

The City of Carroll is committed to protecting our citizens and employees during this global pandemic. To read more on the City of Carroll's Covid-19 updates go to CityOfCarroll.com/covid19.

Marriage License

Get an Application to Marry in Iowa from the Recorder’s office. The application will need to be completed by the groom, bride and a disinterested person (any adult who knows both the bride and groom). The application must be signed in front of a notary public. Recorder’s office personnel are notaries, so bring a picture ID. The fee is payable to the Carroll County Recorder.

How long is a marriage application valid?
You must apply for a marriage certificate in the Recorder's office. Following application, you will need to return to pick up the application and certificate. The Recorder's office will hold your marriage application and certificate for six months. If you pick up your certificate within the six months, it is valid forever. Certificates not picked up within six months are destroyed and no longer valid.


Upcoming Events