logo logo
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Special Event Application

Special Event Permit Application

Special Event Application

The following application will provide the city the information needed to gain approval to host an event that will occur on public property, including but not limited to city parks, streets, and/or sidewalks. Once submitted, the city will review your request and you will be notified of the outcome. You may anticipate a response within 2 -3 business days. Thank you for your interest in holding an event in our community!


By completing this application, I acknowledge the following: 1. I am 21 years of age or older. 2. I will adhere to the Special Event requirements and the Agreement below. 3. I understand fees may apply once an event is approved and are due and payable prior to the event.


Additional documents may be needed to complete this application and may be uploaded in box 9. Please review all the information below prior to beginning to be properly prepared for submission. All starred (*) items require an answer to complete this form.

Insurance certificates

Some events, such as those where alcohol is served or large crowds are anticipated, will require the applicant secure general liability insurance, including liquor liability if applicable. Minimum coverage limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 annual aggregate will be required for these events. Applicant is required to provide a certificate of insurance documenting the coverage and listing the City of Carroll as a Certificate Holder. You will be notified if your event requires an insurance certificate.

Actual date and time event will occur. NOTE: Add set-up and tear down in the next step

MM slash DD slash YYYY
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Set Up Date/Time:
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Tear Down Date/Time:
MM slash DD slash YYYY

Noise Exemption Permit Requirement information

Click Here

Will money be collected in the form of admission/registration fees or merchandise/food sales?

Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchant requirement information

Click here

Alcohol vendors are required to have a current liquor license from the State of Iowa; click link for information.

Click here

9. Please upload supporting documents here, i.e., maps for road closures or runs/walks, certificates of insurance, etc. If you are unable to upload your documents, email to [email protected].

Max. file size: 200 MB.

In consideration of the city of Carroll, Iowa, granting permission for the activity described above, the undersigned indemnifies and holds harmless the city of Carroll, Iowa, its employees, representatives and agents against all claims, liabilities, losses or damage for personal injury and/or property damage or any other damage whatsoever on account of the activity described above and/or deviation from normal City regulations in the area. The undersigned further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the city of Carroll, Iowa, its employees, representatives and agents against any loss, injury, death or damage to person or property and against all claims, demands, fines, suits, actions, proceedings, orders, decrees and judgments of any kind or nature and from and against any and all costs and expenses including reasonable attorney fees which at anytime may be suffered or sustained by the undersigned or by any person who may, at anytime, be using or occupying or visiting the premises of the undersigned or the above-referenced public property or be in, on or about the same, when such loss, injury, death or damage shall be caused by or in anyway result from or rising out of any act, omission or negligence of any of the undersigned or any occupant, visitor, or user of any portion of the premises or shall result from or be caused by any other matters or things whether the same kind as, or of a different kind that the matter or things above set forth.The organization/applicant hereby waives all claims against the City for damages to the building or improvements that are now adjacent to said public property or hereafter built or placed on the premises adjacent to said property or in, on or about the premises and for injuries to persons or property in or about the premises, from any cause arising at any time during the activity described above. The undersigned further agrees to comply with all the rules, regulations, terms and conditions established by the city of Carroll, Iowa. By submitting this application, the applicant acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this application, including the fact it is releasing and waiving certain potential rights, and that they voluntarily and freely agree to the terms and conditions as set forth herein.

Submission Agreement(Required)
By checking this box, I agree that the information in this application is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Review and Notification

The City of Carroll will review your application and their response will be provided to you, normally within 2-3 business days.

This field is not part of the form submission.